Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Beginning....

I am feeling more confused now than ever!! I had finally reached a point where I thought that I had actually been properly diagnosed, but the more information I read, the more I wonder. After going to doctor after doctor for what seemed like forever, I was diagnosed with Vestibulitis. Now, I'm starting to wonder if that is really what I have. I have been on so many different trial meds that I have lost count, and I have even had 2 surgeries. Needless to say, I am still in pain. Some days I have horrible burning, and other days it is burning mixed with itching. There are also days where I feel as if I am not going to be able to control my bladder, and for the past 3 weeks, my lower back has been killing me. I was put on birth control pills at a very young age to regulate my cycle, and then after having my second child, I had a mirena IUC inserted. I had the IUC for 3 years when I started having my whohaa pain, so the idea of hormones causing my pain could be very accurate. I have also read that neurological disorders can cause it. I also fit that category. My grandfather had lupus, my father's sister has MS, and my mother's brother has Parkinson's, so neurological disorders run in both sides of my family. I have suffered from migraines since I was 14. I have had 2 MRI's, 3 EEG, and numerous other tests to try to find the cause of my headaches, but nothing was ever found. My pain started 2 months after finding out that my then 3 year old had a heart problem. So, I sometimes wonder if the stress of that mixed with all of the other things I had going against me is what started all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment